Mou Hitotsu no Sekai OVA
Jun Fukuyama (Ala Rubra CD Drama)
Filius Zect is the long unknown, final member of the Ala Rubra. Very little is still known about him; he appears as a calm, collected, sarcastic and extremely skilled warrior excelling in unarmed combat and counter magic. Nagi's "Master".
BackgroundFilius Zect fought alongside Nagi against the Mage of the Beginning, the Supreme Ruler of Cosmo Entelecheia. After the fight with the Mage of the Beginning, Zect reveals that he lived for 2600 years, which he describes as '2600 years of torment'. He also tells Nagi to ask himself if the world is really worth putting his life to risk, he then says that mankind is beyond salvation but that his torments finally ended before vanishing into dust.His mysterious death right after the death of the Mage of the Beginning's and his last words quite similar to the Mage's own speech to Nagi suggests a link of some sort between the two.
Eight years after the war and his "death", he is seen reviving Tertium and seemingly acting as the new leader of Cosmo Entelecheia while wearing the robe of the Mage of the Beginning. He is the one sending the second Cosmo Entelecheia to erase the citizens of Mundus Magicus that lived in areas that had been destroy by war claiming that they are working for the sake of the world.
Many fans had believed that:
- That he, similar to Zazie Rainyday, may be related to the 'Demon folk' ('mazoku' in the Japanese).
- That he is, similar to Evangeline, a Shinso.
Both speculations come from a few panels where he shows the topical characteristics of them. At least would one of those speculations explain, where his high age and extremely high powers are coming from, despite having a child like body.
- Another speculation is that he is maybe connected to The Master of the Gravekeeper's Palace since he shares a slight resemblance to her.
- Another speculation is that The Mage Of The Beginings transfered his soul to Zect's body and took control of it, and killing the soul of Zect. This theory coincides with The Mage Of The Beginning possessing Nagi Springfield's body 10 years prior while being sealed under Mahora.
- His first hairstyle and Negi's are similar.
- The blush-marks on his cheeks closely resemble those sported by Chao Lingshen.